POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray at CeBIT + Informatik Spektrum cover : Re: POV-Ray at CeBIT + Informatik Spektrum cover Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:22:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray at CeBIT + Informatik Spektrum cover
From: gonzo
Date: 18 Mar 2004 00:28:38
Message: <40593386@news.povray.org>
andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
news:405### [at] hotmailcom...

> I think they want to use these images just to show how fast they are.
> How on earth anyone can judge that I do not know, unless they have
> another machine that is not as fast. Otherwise it is a bit like
> benchmarking with nothing to compare it to.

Yes, my "Mystery Lights" is one of the images they are using.  I was totally
jazzed when they contacted me, my first POV gig!  I asked a few questions,
and in return I got a picture of the demo they are running, I'll post it to
p.b.i.

Basically though, its a grid showing several thumbnailed images.  The user
selects an image, then selects to render it either on 2 JS20s or 40 JS20s
running in parallel.  They compare the render speed.   (I'm assuming that 40
JS20s in parallel should give a pretty significant performance boost...)
Nice looking display!

Congrats to all the POVers who have images in the demo, and thanks to the
POV team for such a great tool!

RG