POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Tubular lighting : Re: Tubular lighting Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:30:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tubular lighting
From: Buddy13
Date: 18 Mar 2004 00:02:10
Message: <40592d52@news.povray.org>
Felbrigg wrote:
> I just noticed, that the flourescent tubes in this office are dim slightly
> as they near the middle.  That'll take some texturing.
>

> "Felbrigg" <som### [at] microsoftcom> wrote in message
>
>>Might be worth using radiosity, thus create a cylinder with a texture
>>containing "ambient 1" and turn on radiosity.
>>

>>"Buddy13" <bud### [at] themappersguildcom> wrote in message
>>
>>>How do I make tubular lighting? Specifically something like flourescent
>>>lighting.
>>>
>>>The help says I can use an area light to do it, but it doesn't seem to
>>>be working.

Thanks guys, I'll be trying all those tips out for the next couple days,
and seeing what works best.

(I'm actually working on a kind of metal case with glass sliding doors,
with two flourescent tubes inside at the top -- I'm sure you've seen
them at schools or something... only most don't have lights...)