POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : #debug stream and \n : Re: #debug stream and \n Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:26:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: #debug stream and \n
From: StephenS
Date: 17 Mar 2004 16:34:16
Message: <4058c458@news.povray.org>
> Yes, this is correct.  \r only makes sense on a terminal, not anywhere
else.
> In particular it never made sense to use \r when writing output to file.

Will the handling of \b (backspace) be changed?

#debug "test1\b"
#debug "test2\n"

In 3.6b2 I get 'test1(outlined square)test2' in the text file and
'testtest2' on the console. 'Outlined square' usually means a non printable
character.
Since the '1' can never be seen on the console, does the \b still have any
use?

WinPov3.6b2
Win98 512mb Duron 1gHz

Stephen