POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray at CeBIT + Informatik Spektrum cover : Re: POV-Ray at CeBIT + Informatik Spektrum cover Server Time
3 Aug 2024 10:22:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray at CeBIT + Informatik Spektrum cover
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 17 Mar 2004 15:11:52
Message: <4058b108@news.povray.org>
> - IBM Germany will be rendering some POV-Ray images at the next CeBIT
trade
> show in Hannover (18-24 March), for the demonstration of the new IBM JS20
> BladeServers. The images are the ones with the complete scene code here
> http://www.oyonale.com/ressources/english/sources12.htm and
> http://www.oyonale.com/ressources/english/sources13.htm. I hope that the
> machine is really fast though, otherwise the assistance is going to fall
> asleep...

Oh, so you too? IBM asked me for "Iced Land" as well. I've asked some
questions and it looks like their Bladeservers are upgradeable on various
issues. So there'll be one Bladeserver rendering one image, another
Bladeserver rendering the same image, but since one of them is upgraded, it
should render faster, and they want to demonstrate that.

I'm not going though, got other tasks at hand and CeBIT is a little too far
to jump in just to see some POV-Images... The father of my girlfriend might
be going, but I don't know if he'll be able to go to IBM: he's there for own
purposes.

I was kinda happy that IBM wanted the image, along with a few other
publications this makes for a good job and accomplishment history. :-)

Regards,
Tim
--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"