POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray at CeBIT + Informatik Spektrum cover : Re: POV-Ray at CeBIT + Informatik Spektrum cover Server Time
3 Aug 2024 10:22:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray at CeBIT + Informatik Spektrum cover
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 17 Mar 2004 14:24:32
Message: <4058a5f0$1@news.povray.org>

news:405### [at] hotmailcom...

> I think they want to use these images just to show how fast they are.
> How on earth anyone can judge that I do not know, unless they have
> another machine that is not as fast. Otherwise it is a bit like
> benchmarking with nothing to compare it to.

I guess it's only a live demo. They want pretty pictures to render for the
show. I worked with Intel and other companies on similar requests before.

> you are realy making some impact outside the cozy confines of our
> POV world. That is great.

Lots of people do in fact, and in a much more significant way. Professional
uses for POV-Ray abound, particularly in architecture and scientific
visualisation. I know of buildings, sculptures and scientific research that
were/are done using POV-Ray among other computer tools.

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com