POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray at CeBIT + Informatik Spektrum cover : Re: POV-Ray at CeBIT + Informatik Spektrum cover Server Time
3 Aug 2024 10:18:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray at CeBIT + Informatik Spektrum cover
From: andrel
Date: 17 Mar 2004 08:48:15
Message: <405856F4.30908@hotmail.com>
Gilles Tran wrote:

> Some news from Germany:
>
> - IBM Germany will be rendering some POV-Ray images at the next CeBIT trade
> show in Hannover (18-24 March), for the demonstration of the new IBM JS20
> BladeServers. The images are the ones with the complete scene code here
> http://www.oyonale.com/ressources/english/sources12.htm and
> http://www.oyonale.com/ressources/english/sources13.htm. I hope that the
> machine is really fast though, otherwise the assistance is going to fall
> asleep...
I think they want to use these images just to show how fast they are.
How on earth anyone can judge that I do not know, unless they have
another machine that is not as fast. Otherwise it is a bit like
benchmarking with nothing to compare it to.

> - Informatik Spektrum, a German computer science magazine (Springer group),
> is showing a POV-Ray image on the cover of its February issue
> (http://www.oyonale.com/ldc/english/persistence.htm) and dedicates a page to
> it.

you are realy making some impact outside the cozy confines of our
POV world. That is great.

	Andrel