POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Making Dynamic Poser clothes : Re: Making Dynamic Poser clothes Server Time
26 Apr 2024 17:54:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making Dynamic Poser clothes
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 16 Mar 2004 14:14:19
Message: <4057520b$1@news.povray.org>
news:c34vfc$9rj$1@chho.imagico.de...
> Some time ago i showed a demostration using my mechsim patch to simulate
>   clothing.  This works quite well for shirts, light dresses etc.
> Heavier clothes are more difficult because for realistic appearance you
> will need detailed meshes and stiff material takes very long to simulate.

Do you mean the Simcloth part of MegaPOV?  I've wondered about using that,
after importing the unclothed models into POV.  Something like draping a
cloth over someone doesn't sound hard, though I've never tried using a Poser
model.  But it sure doesn't seem like it would be easy to get "sleeves" and
"pantlegs" to work well, especially after the figure is posed.

However, if creating my own Poser clothes is pretty much out of the
question, I'm going to have to look at all alternatives.

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com