POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Making Dynamic Poser clothes : Re: Making Dynamic Poser clothes Server Time
26 Apr 2024 03:48:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making Dynamic Poser clothes
From: gonzo
Date: 16 Mar 2004 04:34:20
Message: <4056ca1c@news.povray.org>
Jeremy M. Praay <jer### [at] questsoftwarecom> wrote in message
> Has anyone made their own clothes for Poser?  If so, is it possible using
> free (or really cheap) tools?  I looked over one example which used
3dsmax,
> but I don't want to have to fork out money like that.  I'll confess that I
> haven't tried Wings yet, assuming that's possible.
>
> I would like to make some of my own clothes, just because hardly anyone
else
> makes "normal" clothes, but if it turns out that it's incredibly
difficult,
> I probably won't bother.

Well, as far as making clothes for Poser, no I haven't tried that, it looks
complicated.

I have however made clothes for my Poser figures, in Hamapatch.   I find
splines very easy to work with for this, after importing the Poser figure
into Hamapatch (via Wings to convert to .mdl) I "draw" the outline and
shapes I want by placing single splines around the figure. Then I hide the
figure, and start duplicating the splines and connecting them to get a
surface, then unhide the figure again and do final shaping and details.

RG