POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Making Dynamic Poser clothes : Re: Making Dynamic Poser clothes Server Time
26 Apr 2024 17:19:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making Dynamic Poser clothes
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 15 Mar 2004 14:03:31
Message: <4055fe03$1@news.povray.org>

news:4055f9a9@news.povray.org...
> I would like to make some of my own clothes, just because hardly anyone
else
> makes "normal" clothes, but if it turns out that it's incredibly
difficult,
> I probably won't bother.

I never tried it but it is certainly difficult. Indeed, some casual types of
clothes (coats, shirts, jackets...) are hard to find and the existing ones
they don't fit well. It's quite disappointing.
In any case, I doubt that Wings would be the right tool for modelling
clothes, because for this one needs surfaces that can be opened and not
solids, and the possibility to use the original model as a basis. One thing
for sure is that a very good, very precise modeller is required and those
don't come free :(
If I do it one day (I need a pair of "normal" panties for Vicky...) I'll
probably use Rhino. Otherwise there's Blender...

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com