POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Show Button with a memory : Re: Show Button with a memory Server Time
3 Aug 2024 10:22:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Show Button with a memory
From: Chris Cason
Date: 13 Mar 2004 05:55:05
Message: <4052e889@news.povray.org>
"Phil Cook" <phi### [at] nospamdeckingdealscouk> wrote in message
> Oops sorry my bad, Windows, v3.5. 'Show' only displays the last rendered
> file regardless of which file you're currently editing, multiple instances
> of POV-ray show the last render as per each instance.

To be more specific, 'show' doesn't actually display a rendered 'file'; it
re-displays the pixel data that is still stored in memory after the display
window was closed.

It does not read a file from disk, as you seem to think. POV-Ray is not an
image viewer, nor is it meant to be (as there are other programs that do
that quite well).

-- Chris