POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : thought i found a bug... : Re: thought i found a bug... Server Time
3 Aug 2024 10:20:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: thought i found a bug...
From: Hughes, B
Date: 12 Mar 2004 19:48:02
Message: <40525a42$1@news.povray.org>
"Ross Litscher" <rli### [at] everestkcnet> wrote in message

> "Hughes, B." <omn### [at] charternet> wrote in message
> >
> > It's fairly well known by the more avid users in these newsgroups. Was a
> > topic of discussion several times in the past.
>
> Interesting. I searched for a variety of things like "spline bug" and "sor
> bug" i think, and didn't seem to find much. I'll go back and search some
> more just to see what was said.

Let me see if I can help. I found these two threads through the web page
search:

http://news.povray.org/povray.beta-test.binaries/thread/%3C3bb13a69%40news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=184193&toff=50

http://news.povray.org/povray.general/thread/%3C40260cf3$1@news.povray.org%3E/

First is a whole different matter concerning the correctness of a surface of
revolution (fixed now?), second is very recent and about sturm *not* doing
better for the sor. I didn't have a great deal of luck finding exactly the
thing you experienced with the sor camera alignment artifact but I assure
you it had been talked about.

Bob H.