POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : JPEG2000 : Re: JPEG2000 Server Time
3 Aug 2024 22:11:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: JPEG2000
From: Chambers
Date: 12 Mar 2004 13:35:11
Message: <405202df$1@news.povray.org>
"laurent.artaud[AT]free.fr" <"laurent.artaud[AT]free.fr"> wrote in message
> The only things I heard about with more than 8 bits are the hi ends DVD
> players with 10 bits per component, so I believe that MAYBE some hi end
> gfx-cards may have more than 32 bits display...

The Permidia cards are capable of doing 10bits per channel (as well as a
3-display "surround-vision" thingy which is supposedly really cool for
games, but I haven't tried it myself :)

However, then you get limited by the quality of your monitor...

--
...Chambers
http://www.geocities.com/bdchambers79