POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : QTPov Editor Major Breaktrough : Re: QTPov Editor Major Breaktrough Server Time
5 Jul 2024 15:10:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: QTPov Editor Major Breaktrough
From: Ross Litscher
Date: 12 Mar 2004 10:40:17
Message: <4051d9e1$1@news.povray.org>
"gRRosminet" <pov### [at] les-charlesnet> wrote in message
> Hi everybody !
>
> the v0.3.0 (beta) has been released ! now, you'll get the power of the
> INI editor (text + assistant) ! Before using it, I recommend you to save
> your .ini because the assistant causes the replacement of the whole file
>   ... take a look at it and you'll understand !
>
> In order to render your files, you'll need to precise a .ini to use (at
> the top of the declarations tree view). If there is nothing good for
> you, you can type in your own options (i.e. "+A0.3 +Itoto.pov"). This
> combo is updated each time you open an ini file or refresh it's profiles
> list.
>
> I hope you'll like it !
>
> Thierry
>
> http://qtpoveditor.sf.net/

Screen shots look very nice. I might have to give it a test some time. I
have a question on the "tabulation system". Say I have some tabbed scene
structure like

object{
    my_object
}

if I go to the beginning of the line that has "my_object" and press tab,
will the cursor move to the "m" character column, or will it indent the line
with another tab, or will it simply not do anything? My guess (and personal
preference) is that if the setting is to "automatic" it would move the
cursor to the "m" column, and if "manual" it would indent with another tab.

nice looking work! i'm very curious to play with it and maybe even help in
some way. i've always searched for an open source project to help with and
never found anything that caught my eye, or that i had an interest in
working on.

have a nice day,
ross