POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Show Button with a memory : Re: Show Button with a memory Server Time
3 Aug 2024 10:22:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Show Button with a memory
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 12 Mar 2004 08:12:10
Message: <4051b72a$1@news.povray.org>
Program ended abnormally on 12/03/2004 08:00, Due to a catastrophic Phil Cook error:

> I was wary of posting this to p.programming as although it is to do with
> POV-Ray the program it's something that may already exist that I've missed.

p.programming is for discussing the actual source code.  Feature requests should
go here.

> I have two files open File1 and File2 I render them both in that order,
> I switch to edit File1 and hit show and of course the File2 image
> appears, is there any way that POV-Ray can retain a memory that File1
> has been rendered and display *that* image as opposed to the last one. I
> wouldn't expect it to last beyond the session, but a temporary memory
> would be nice IMHO instead of having to open an external imager to see
> the image or re-render.
>
> I'm well prepared to be slapped down on this if the implementation is
> horrendous or if it's some switch I've missed, but it was just a thought.

No it isn't a switch you've missed.  The "show" button will only display the
last image you've rendered.

I agree with you that having a more versatile "show" button (or having a menu
item that allowed to display recently rendered images) could be a nice addition
that wouldn't be too hard too implement, but having an image viewing app loaded
on your pc alongside POV isn't too hard for the user to implement, either. ;-)

/*   videotron.ca  */}camera{orthographic location<6,1.25,-6>look_at a }