POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : media and streaming light rays : Re: media and streaming light rays Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:29:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: media and streaming light rays
From: Hughes, B
Date: 11 Mar 2004 14:40:28
Message: <4050c0ac$1@news.povray.org>
"Mike Thorn" <fil### [at] roboticsresourcescom> wrote in message

> "Hughes, B." <omn### [at] charternet> wrote in message
>
> Well, it'll be a long time before I decide to use media again, if that
says
> anything. :-)

Never say never when doing something in POV and you might get somewhere...
eventually.
;-)

> > My question to you would be: is that stretched background image what you
> > intended? I'm guessing it's Earth clouds.
>
> Yes, that's what it is. At that close of a camera angle it does appear
> pixelated (I think my original image was 800x600). Too late to change now,
> though - and I haven't gotten around to reading the part of the
> documentation on sky spheres yet, so I don't know too much about layers
and
> all that. Eventually I'll get to it.

Oh, of course, how stupid of me. I should have looked but I sped right
through your scene file to only check on the media and replied too fast to
notice. You used the default mapping, so it's projected into +z direction on
a xy plane. That's why it stretched at the left side, as viewed from the
camera. You might want to get that changed to use map_type 1 for spherical
mapping. And please consider that sky_sphere isn't like a regular object in
the following:

sky_sphere {
// nothing here, unless maybe you used a shaped object instead
  pigment { image_map {"clouds" map_type 1}
  rotate <0,-70,0> // transormations go here... or below
  }
//  rotate <0,-70,0> // would turn both the image and object
}

Good luck with your animation. Always glad to help any way I can.

--
Bob H.
http://www.3digitaleyes.com