POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : JPEG2000 : Re: JPEG2000 Server Time
4 Aug 2024 00:22:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: JPEG2000
From: Chambers
Date: 11 Mar 2004 13:18:13
Message: <4050ad65@news.povray.org>
"IMBJR" <no### [at] spamhere> wrote in message
> Try comparing this place and its sister groups to, say, a village or a
> city - both communities of differing scale. That will ensure that one
> will see that this is a merely drop in the ocean of human interaction.

I live in a city of approx. 500k residents, and I lived in a city of 6m
residents for 2 years.  I never saw anywhere near the "community"
interaction that occurs here.  I know the names of only one other couple in
my apartment building.  Modern suburbia has killed the concept of
"community".  So don't try to say that a large city is a community and these
forums are not.

As for a village, I couldn't say because I've never seen a real one.  I
don't know if any even exist, at least here in the Pacific NW.

--
...Chambers
http://www.geocities.com/bdchambers79