POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : reference focal_point : Re: reference focal_point Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:24:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: reference focal_point
From: Severi Salminen
Date: 11 Mar 2004 10:28:13
Message: <4050858d$1@news.povray.org>
crz wrote:

> hi, want to use fiocal blur in an animation. But as dfar as i can tell I
> tell the focal_point, by giving hard coordinates.
> Is it possible to use references, so say if I have like 1000 *.pov files
> (each one animation frame) and 1 external inc-file and then say that
> focal_point  is object: sphere01
>
> (thus  focal_point < sphere01>   instead of  focal_point < 1, 1, -6>

You can do it like this, for example:

// "Subject" is the point, where the focus will be sharp
// and where the sphere is positioned. You can give it any
// name and move it during animation the way you want.

#declare Subject = <1,1,-6>;

camera{
focal_point Subject
}

sphere{Subject,10 pigment{...}}

So whenever the sphere moves (whenever you change the vector Subject)
both the sphere and the focal_point move. You can also add "look_at
Subject" to the camera definition and the camera will allways look at
the sphere. Basically you create a variable that you use to control
various things that are related.

BTW, you don't need to have 1000 .pov files to create a 1000 frame
animation. You should read the docs and the animation tutorials
carefully - or ask here if there is something you don't understand.

Severi