POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Arrghh : Re: Arrghh Server Time
4 May 2024 11:44:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Arrghh
From: Chambers
Date: 10 Mar 2004 18:16:46
Message: <404fa1de$1@news.povray.org>
"JC (Exether)" <exe### [at] nospamfr> wrote in message
> Tyler Eaves wrote:
> > When is the next topic going to be up?
> >
> > 1/6th of our time is already gone!
>
> I think that it is really 'Great inventions', you can see it with the
> updated due date on the welcome message of the ftp site.
> After 'Great engineering achievements' and 'Old technology' it's like
> the third time we have this kind of theme. Another thing is that I'm not
> sure we'll have another round: very few entrants last round, nothing
> happening on the web site after 10 days, that smells very bad.

I think the bar has risen sufficiently that people are intimidated to enter.

Or a better way of putting it would be, "I don't want to do a half-a**ed
job".  I don't have time to do any other kind, unfortunately, so I haven't
entered in a long time.

--
...Chambers
http://www.geocities.com/bdchambers79