POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How do you write Functions? : How do you write Functions? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:20:40 EDT (-0400)
  How do you write Functions?
From: Felbrigg
Date: 9 Mar 2004 12:41:52
Message: <404e01e0$1@news.povray.org>
Can anyone give me a simple explanation of how to write a function for use
in an isosurface or a pattern.  I've seen many examples and even some
tutorials, yet none are clear on the basic input / output of a function POV.

For instance.  Do all functions return a float, if so is it always between 0
and 1?  Some functions seem to require parameters other dont, whats the rule
here.  I'm a programer by trade so coding as a rule is not a mystery.  Just
how to a start writing my own.