POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : No, no, I won't let it! : Re: No, no, I won't let it! Server Time
26 Apr 2024 17:22:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: No, no, I won't let it!
From: Jim Charter
Date: 9 Mar 2004 00:51:53
Message: <404d5b79$1@news.povray.org>
Dan P wrote:
> I won't let this thread empty!
> POV-Poser fanatics be heard!
>
> (Now, if I just had something to say...)

I say we get together and curate a small digital show of artwork
surveying the history of Poser within POV.
Perhaps we could scout the POV Web-ring for POV artists who make
particular use of Poser.

Mike Williams has a very nice gallery of of work featuring Poser models
in traditional studies.

Inspired by JC (Exether) and his statistics site
http://exether.free.fr/irtc/  perhaps we could analyse the historic use
of Poser in the contest.  The IRTC at the very least should provide a
source for some masterful examples of the combined use of these two tools

Or
Gilles' essay: Realistic characters for POV-Ray : a short review
http://www.mediaport.net/CP/Artichaud/Tran/gtran.en.html
might provide another slightly broader approach.  A short history of
figurative or character centric pictures in POV.