POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : problems rendering a reflective parabolic surface : [OT] Re: problems rendering a reflective parabolic surface Server Time
3 Aug 2024 12:17:33 EDT (-0400)
  [OT] Re: problems rendering a reflective parabolic surface
From: Jellby
Date: 8 Mar 2004 15:57:24
Message: <404cde33@news.povray.org>
Among other things, Peter Popov wrote:

> You should have seen our class in high-school... there were 7 guys
> named Nikolai, two of them having the same family name and on top of
> that their surnames had the same initials. Not to mention that the
> stem of the surname (i.e. his father's first name) of one of them was
> actually a nickname/diminutive for a very common Bulgarian name which
> happened to be the name of the other guy's father :)
>
> Something like "John Richard Doe" sitting next "John Richie Doe" :)

In my school class there were two guys with the *same* name. They both have
a compound name, the same (it's a common compound name, however). In Spain
we have two surnames, one comes from our father, the other from our mother.
They both have the same surnames (the first one is not that common). They
used to have some arguments about who was 2nd and who was 3rd in the class
list (alphabetically). They reached a consensus: one of them would be 2nd
for a year, the other one would be 2nd next year... Both wore glasses
too... (and they are not relatives).

--
light_source{9+9*x,1}camera{orthographic look_at(1-y)/4angle 30location
9/4-z*4}light_source{-9*z,1}union{box{.9-z.1+x clipped_by{plane{2+y-4*x