POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : JPEG2000 : Re: JPEG2000 Server Time
4 Aug 2024 12:18:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: JPEG2000
From: GreyBeard
Date: 8 Mar 2004 11:32:53
Message: <404ca035$1@news.povray.org>
"IMBJR" <no### [at] spamhere> wrote in message
> http://www.imbjr.com

<total hack of the bs.>

Junior, I've now seen you insult some of the sharpest people on this group,
and those that understand POV to the point that is far beyond your
capability of learning.  Rune, Thorsten, many others.  No, you're not a pace
setter, and you're trying to be the tail that wags the dog.

To those that have posted and shared good information, here's a concept for
you to think about.  On other groups I frequent, they use the concept of the
shun.  The troll is not killfiled, and he knows he is not killfiled.  He
also knows that he can post until his fingers fall off and nobody will
respond other than a newbie, who is promptly informed of the shun via email,
not in the thread.  The result is always the same, for a while, the
frustration of the troll is amusing, and becomes quite strident.  It
normally takes something like two weeks before the troll decides that his
efforts are only providing amusement for others, and he quits.

If someone would like to call the shun, I'm not the one to do it, I'm a
newbie here my damn self.  Myself, I'm a little tired of hearing all the
supposed merits of a format, and seeing people called lazy from one that is
supposedly pushing new technology while posting with a dialup.