POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : JPEG2000 : Re: JPEG2000 Server Time
4 Aug 2024 10:18:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: JPEG2000
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 8 Mar 2004 09:04:13
Message: <404c7d5d$1@news.povray.org>
"IMBJR" <no### [at] spamhere> spewed forth:

> Keep the fuck up. Did I not say elsewhere that if I wanted comments I
> would ask for them? I post them because I have something to post. This
> is a POV-Ray newserver is it not? I wish to let people look at my work
> if they so wish, I don't expect or require comments.

Then why waste the POV-Team's webspace with your images? You have your own
website, place your images there until your face turns blue.

Honestly, my feelings are this:

1) You're being rude, and you continue to be rude on these groups,
disrespecting every single indvidual on here. You're a self-centered
foul-mouth twit.

2) JPEG2000 may very well be a better JPEG, obviously very few companies and
individuals have adopted this format. People are having difficulties viewing
the images.

3) Someone, in a misguided act of kindness decided to post your image in JPG
format so everyone can see it, since this is what you wanted, then why whine
about it so much?

Contrary to what you might believe, you might be wrong sometiems, and other
people may actually be right. This is not a question of whose opinion is
valid, but more of a question of what would be the proper thing to do?

BTW, in p.b.a I posted an animation that no one seemed to be able to view, I
promptly followed up with one that was viewable by the majority. I didn't
start an argument, I didn't jump down anyone's throat, I corrected the
problem. Of course, people like you can do no wrong.. so I don't expect you
to understand how one can corrct one's on mistakes.