POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : JPEG2000 : Re: JPEG2000 Server Time
4 Aug 2024 10:21:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: JPEG2000
From: Fernando G  del Cueto
Date: 7 Mar 2004 21:57:31
Message: <404be11b$1@news.povray.org>

news:iq3n401hi3fcssalickm9vl69go9uqavup@4ax.com...
> On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 14:36:27 -0600, "Fernando G. del Cueto"
> <fcu### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

> Indeed. People here really need to get off their arses and stop
> wallowing in the past.

Even though I agree with your willingness to adopt JPEG2000, I don't think
you should take it so personally. Everybody has their right and their
reasons to agree and disagree on the adoption of this format in this group.

I also prefer to go to some troubles to see JP2 images and avoid those ugly
JPG artifacts. Some people don't. Some people prefer comfort and stability.
I think that's absolutely respectable.

I understand you may feel frustrated by the response of the majority. But I,
for one, think that getting along is much more important than the usage of
any format in the group. Of course, that's my debatable opinion.

Fernando