POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Monitor Colour Calibration : Re: Monitor Colour Calibration Server Time
3 Aug 2024 10:16:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Monitor Colour Calibration
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 7 Mar 2004 07:24:56
Message: <404b1498@news.povray.org>
In article <404b0fa5@news.povray.org> , "Ian Shumsky"
<ian### [at] outerarmdemoncouk> wrote:

> I've been lucky enough to get hold of a second flat-panel LCD monitor for my
> PC, but the colour profile is quite different from my main monitor. Does
> anyone have any recommendations for getting them to match?

You have to calibrate both, isn't that obvious?  The simplest way is to use
whatever tool came with your graphics card or (if it was expensive) LCD
display to do gamma correction.  That will get you somewhat close.  However,
for proper calibration you will need to rent (or buy, with serious ones
starting not below US$200) an external calibration device.  It will build a
color profile of your display, and then you of course need a graphics card
(or display, if it was expensive) to make use of that calibration data.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde