POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : Mesh etc. : Re: Mesh etc. Server Time
2 Jun 2024 12:03:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mesh etc.
From: gonzo
Date: 6 Mar 2004 14:56:18
Message: <404a2ce2@news.povray.org>
Gilles Tran <gitran_nospam_@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message
news:4049194f$1@news.povray.org...
> The big remaining issue for hobbyists, however, is uv-mapping. AFAIK there
> is no free uv-mapping tool allowing real-time 3D painting and some
> automatisation for vertex unwrapping (such as the expensive Bodypaint).
> Until we have such a tool, mapping will remain a limitation for mesh
users.

Recently ran across a uv-mapping program called ManifoldLab, (go here:
pub58.ezboard.com/bggaliens )
Haven't had time to fully explore it yet, but it looks like it has a lot of
automatisation and flexibility, and is actively being developed so new
features are being added frequently. It's a java app so should run on most
platforms.

RG