POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : JPEG2000 : Re: JPEG2000 Server Time
4 Aug 2024 02:20:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: JPEG2000
From: andrel
Date: 10 Mar 2004 16:01:19
Message: <404F81E8.8060607@hotmail.com>
IMBJR wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 00:42:38 +0100, andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom>
> wrote:
>

>>Tom Galvin wrote:
>>

>>>IMBJR <no### [at] spamhere> wrote in

>>That may be so (for some value of foul) but you are still being rude
>>to anyone who might have a different opinion. So that you have
>>corrected yourself is a blatant lie.
>

> People are rude me, I respond in kind. Seems we are all in breach of
> that rather vague AUP.
That again is not true, you responded rude to various people that
were not rude to you. May be you though that they were rude, but
more often than not _I_ could not see it. For me most of your
attacks came totally out of the blue.

>>If a large number of people complain about your behaviour then
>>take the hint, try to understand what they find rude and stop
>>doing it. FYI any statement from you along the lines of:
>>'one million lemmings can't be wrong' or statements of similar
>>intent, I will regard as rude, childish, and not to the point.
>

> Talk about trolling.
You seem to have a totally different idea about what trolling
is than I do. Previous experience tells me that any discussion
about this is therefore senseless.

> Are you trying to get me into trouble?
On the contrary I was trying to keep you from getting into
trouble, by anticipating the kind of remarks you normally
make. (I can guess some possible replies, but I leave it to
you this time to restrain yourself).

>>>IMHO, I think most people who frequent this server prefer having a
>>>discussion rather than an argument.  Perhaps you misunderstood the intent
>>>of my earlier quote of the the Acceptable Use Policy.  That specific
>>>paragraph not only referenced profanity, but conduct as well.  Rude
>>>behavior and harrasment are not condoned.  I include the relevant paragraph
>>>below.
>>>
>>>    Users of this news server may not post messages that could
>>>    reasonably be expected, by today's standards, to cause another
>>>    reasonable person to not want to use or visit this server due
>>>    to a feeling of harassment. Personal attacks, exhibiting
>>>    insulting or abusive behavior, are not an acceptable activity
>>>    on this news server. Likewise, the use of profanity is also
>>>    considered unacceptable.
>>
>>I am seriously considering leaving if I see any more of this kind of
>>post from IMBJR. Not only does it takes too much time to go through
>>these senseless discussions, but I feel often so offended that it
>>takes also a considerable amount of time to calm down.
>>(IMBJR: any comment hinting at my sensitivity I will consider rude,
>>childish, and not to the point.)
>

> Talk about trolling. Are you trying to get me into trouble?
On the contrary I was trying to keep you from getting into
trouble, by anticipating the kind of remarks you normally
make. (I can guess some possible replies, but I leave it to
you this time to restrain yourself)

>>Is there a place where I can register a formal complaint?
>

> Please, put me in your killfile and be done with it.
No that won't work, I will still see the replies of others.
Actually, until today I even did not know I could move
someone into a killfile and I only searched because
someone in a tread polluted with your rude remarks
mentioned the term. In all those 20+ years I have been
on the internet (or comparable) I never ever met someone
that made such a thing necessary. (I can guess some
possible replies, but I leave it to you this time to
restrain yourself)

No for another reason, I still hope you tone down and behave
like a decent fellow human being. I have seen some of your
work (though not all the latest, because for reasons entirely
my own, I will not install new software on the machine I
use to read the news with) and I think your work is of high
quality and an inspiration for others. I just hope that
you do something about that temper of yours. If I may be so
bold to do a suggestion: whenever you feel personally
attacked by an e-mail. Leave it for a day, reread it when
you are completely rested and if you still feel angry,
express that you felt attacked and do not immediately
retaliate. I guarantee you that in 90+% of all cases
it was never the intention to launch a personal attack.
Though in your case your previous rude behaviour will
make the score lower.
(FYI this mail isn't a personal attack either, nor were
any of my other mails. If you think otherwise, reread).

	Andrel