POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : JPEG2000 : Re: JPEG2000 Server Time
4 Aug 2024 04:18:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: JPEG2000
From: andrel
Date: 9 Mar 2004 18:43:26
Message: <404E566E.5000302@hotmail.com>
Tom Galvin wrote:

> IMBJR <no### [at] spamhere> wrote in
>

>>Any rules I have broken I have corrected myself on.  I'm no longer
>>using foul language.
That may be so (for some value of foul) but you are still being rude
to anyone who might have a different opinion. So that you have
corrected yourself is a blatant lie.
>> The format postings were, after all, permitted.
>>Yes, I certainly appear rude to some, but let's face it, when in
>>argument with others, one certainly will appear rude.
If a large number of people complain about your behaviour then
take the hint, try to understand what they find rude and stop
doing it. FYI any statement from you along the lines of:
'one million lemmings can't be wrong' or statements of similar
intent, I will regard as rude, childish, and not to the point.

> IMHO, I think most people who frequent this server prefer having a
> discussion rather than an argument.  Perhaps you misunderstood the intent
> of my earlier quote of the the Acceptable Use Policy.  That specific
> paragraph not only referenced profanity, but conduct as well.  Rude
> behavior and harrasment are not condoned.  I include the relevant paragraph
> below.
>
>     Users of this news server may not post messages that could
>     reasonably be expected, by today's standards, to cause another
>     reasonable person to not want to use or visit this server due
>     to a feeling of harassment. Personal attacks, exhibiting
>     insulting or abusive behavior, are not an acceptable activity
>     on this news server. Likewise, the use of profanity is also
>     considered unacceptable.

I am seriously considering leaving if I see any more of this kind of
post from IMBJR. Not only does it takes too much time to go through
these senseless discussions, but I feel often so offended that it
takes also a considerable amount of time to calm down.
(IMBJR: any comment hinting at my sensitivity I will consider rude,
childish, and not to the point.)

Is there a place where I can register a formal complaint?