POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Need help with object pattern syntax... : Re: Need help with object pattern syntax... Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:27:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need help with object pattern syntax...
From: Carl Hoff
Date: 5 Mar 2004 09:14:31
Message: <40488b47@news.povray.org>
> Okay, here you have an object pattern with two pigments. To make a
> version using textures, just replace each pigment with a texture. Now
> see where you went wrong with the first one? You specify one texture
> inside the object pattern block, and give a complete separate texture
> after it.

Ok... it took me nearly an hour to get it working last night as I thought
I was still missing something.  I was stuck trying to put both textures
after the object block. It wasn't till I went one { at a time till I saw
both
needed to be inside it.  And even then I found I had to add the word
texture again ahead of spherical for it to work.  I also quickly learned
I had the two textures listed in the wrong order for it to do what I
wanted it to do.  I guess I shouldn't be staying up so late working on
this stuff.  Yes... the solution now jumps out at me now that I've
solved the problem.  Till I had the fix it sure didn't seem obvious.

Thanks for the help and I hope I didn't sound too dense,
Carl