POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Rendering Error: Too many nested textures. : Re: Rendering Error: Too many nested textures. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:27:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering Error: Too many nested textures.
From: Bernard Hatt
Date: 4 Mar 2004 16:13:01
Message: <40479BE6.DD475784@arkady.demon.co.uk>
Bill Hails wrote:

> Rendering Error: Too many nested textures.
>
> I get this about 1/3 of the way through a 1500x1500 render, it doesn't
> happen for lower resolutions.

I have a recollection of seeing something like this myself with
layered textures, it was in the form of:

blob
{
	[blob-stuff]
	texture{pigment{aaaaa}}	// base colour
	texture{bbbbb}		// semi-transparent layer
	texture{ccccc}		// semi-transparent layer
	texture{ddddd}		// semi-transparent layer
}

where it also gave a "Warning: No pigment type given" at all resolutions,
and the "nested textures" error at high resolutions.

The work around seemed to be to change the base colour from
	texture{pigment{aaaaa}}
to	pigment{aaaaa}

But it's a while since I looked at it so I could be mis-remembering it, and
your problem could be completely different.

Regards,

Bernard