POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Rendering Error: Too many nested textures. : Rendering Error: Too many nested textures. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:26:46 EDT (-0400)
  Rendering Error: Too many nested textures.
From: Bill Hails
Date: 4 Mar 2004 15:40:09
Message: <40479429@news.povray.org>
Rendering Error: Too many nested textures.

I get this about 1/3 of the way through a 1500x1500 render, it doesn't
happen for lower resolutions.

I'm not suggesting it's a bug in pov, but before I either a) try to
reduce the complexity of my textures or b) re-compile pov with a
higher setting for MAX_NESTED_TEXTURES in lighting.cpp (currently
unchanged from 100);
I'm wondering if tripping this limit is a sign of something really
pathologically wrong with my scene file, or is it something that's
more or less likely to happen once in a while.

The actual textures are pretty complex (trying for partly melted snow
on gravel).

I can't find any reference to this error in the docs, and the web
news isn't searchable atm, so sorry if this is a FAQ.

--
Bill Hails