POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : POV-Ray faster on Windows XP Pro than Windows 2000 Pro? : Re: POV-Ray faster on Windows XP Pro than Windows 2000 Pro? Server Time
28 Jun 2024 22:10:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray faster on Windows XP Pro than Windows 2000 Pro?
From: Oupsman
Date: 4 Mar 2004 14:29:34
Message: <4047839e@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   I may remember this wrong, or I might remember something from another
> Windows version or another OS altogether, but I have the faint memory
> of reading something about Windows 2000 having some truely braindead
> task scheduling principle that a process cannot get more than 75% of
> the CPU, no matter what.

I think you are wrong. Megapov often get between 98 to 100 % of the cpu
on my laptop. And POVRAY run with the same way.

BTW I never heared about a microsoft operating system which limit by
defaut the amount of processor time a process can use. . I think that
this could be tuned, but I donn't know how.