POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rendering meshes with unique color per face : Re: Rendering meshes with unique color per face Server Time
3 Aug 2024 12:20:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering meshes with unique color per face
From: Marc Ellenrieder
Date: 2 Mar 2004 02:13:21
Message: <40443410@news.povray.org>

> You should modify the "finish" rendering of your object so that faces
> will not be shaded. Just put an "ambient" light to 1.0, and a "diffuse"
> light to 0.0 in the "finish" section of your object properties. This
> will give to the faces of your object a plain color, without any
> interference with the light sources ...
>
> Please tell me if it works ...

Thank you for your suggestions. I tried that and additionally set
Display_Gamma=1.0 on the command line. The result was indeed a different
color per face.
But,.... the color (the blue value in this case), did not correspond to the
face number :-( The cube has 12 faces in total and I didn't get color
values from 1 to 12. Even moving the color values to a more visible
interval did not help. PovRay still seems to do some shading. Maybe PovRay
is not the right tool for this kind of task.

TrackerChamp
(Tra### [at] gmxnet)

PGP/GPG fingerprint:       8674 6B05 3844 DB4A 65AB  A40B 23A1 A148 37F6
436D