POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : IRTC Proposal... : Re: IRTC Proposal... Server Time
18 May 2024 06:06:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC Proposal...
From: gonzo
Date: 2 Mar 2004 01:29:56
Message: <404429e4@news.povray.org>
St. <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote in message news:40299795@news.povray.org...
> Seeing as everything is getting more advanced with computers and
> PoV-Ray now, is it possible that the IRTC stills competition can be
> every three months instead of two months?
>
>     I don't mind two months, but it sure gets tricky towards the
> end...  ;)

I don't mind the two months as long as the topic is posted right away, but
when the topic isn't posted until a week into the round, by the time I
figure out what I'm going to do I'm down to 5-6 weeks or less.

I think that a longer period would simply raise the bar even further.  The
entries are getting better and better all the time, so two months must work
for at least somebody.

My own entries seem to indicate that less time is better... my best score
was an image that only took a couple of weeks, while my decay & architecture
entries both took every bit of spare time for the whole two months and only
finished 28th.

RG -  its just a matter of finding the right inspiration...