POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Different results between Mac 3.6 and POVWin 3.51 : Re: Different results between Mac 3.6 and POVWin 3.51 Server Time
19 May 2024 02:21:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Different results between Mac 3.6 and POVWin 3.51
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 1 Mar 2004 03:05:44
Message: <4042eed8$3@news.povray.org>
In article <4042b05c$1@news.povray.org> , John Maynard
<joh### [at] aolcom>  wrote:

> What am I doing wrong? I'd like to be able to use both computers to
> split up an animation job I'm working on, but I can't have one set of
> PNG files coming out darker than the other. Help! Thanks.

You need to enable gamma correction for your PC.  By default PC settings
display extremely bright images on screen.  This is the case for all
programs, not just POV-Ray.  You need to understand that the display gamma
setting is exactly there for this purpose, and setting it to the same value
on two systems with a different display gamma cannot possibly work.  You
need to set it to the true gamma of each system, not the same on both!

There is a lengthy section in the manual about setting the display gamma,
see section "5.2.2.2.2 Setting your Display Gamma".

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde