POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Lighting for Bright Sunlight : Re: Lighting for Bright Sunlight Server Time
3 Aug 2024 12:13:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lighting for Bright Sunlight
From: Tek
Date: 29 Feb 2004 22:51:29
Message: <4042b341@news.povray.org>
I recommend Jaime Vives Piqueres' lighting system, which supports real world
lighting values and colours:
http://www.ignorancia.org/t_lightsys.php

The bit I use the most is his Kelvin() macro, where you pass in a colour
temperature and it gives you rgb values. The sun has a colour of around
Kelvin(5500).

If you want to look at my best sunny lighting setup, you can download the source
for my "grassy" image:
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com/gallery/showimage.php?name=finished/grassy
It has a "dome" of 8 blue lights with one strong directional one.

Cheers
--
Tek
www.evilsuperbrain.com