POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Different results between Mac 3.6 and POVWin 3.51 : Different results between Mac 3.6 and POVWin 3.51 Server Time
17 May 2024 07:50:45 EDT (-0400)
  Different results between Mac 3.6 and POVWin 3.51
From: John Maynard
Date: 29 Feb 2004 22:39:08
Message: <4042b05c$1@news.povray.org>
I am rendering the same scene file with what I believe are the same
settings on POV-Ray for Windows 3.5 and POV-Ray for Macintosh 3.6, but
the PNG file that I get on the Mac is slightly darker than the PNG file
generated on Windows.

Both testscene.pov files have a

global_settings {
    assumed_gamma setting 1.0
}

block. On Windows, my povray.ini file is set to Display_Gamma=2.0. On
Macintosh, I have a testscene.ini file in the same directory as my
testscene.pov file, and it also has a Display_Gamma=2.0 entry. And yet
the Mac file still comes out darker.

What am I doing wrong? I'd like to be able to use both computers to
split up an animation job I'm working on, but I can't have one set of
PNG files coming out darker than the other. Help! Thanks.