POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Batch job? : Re: Batch job? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:20:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Batch job?
From: Marc Roth
Date: 29 Feb 2004 18:42:05
Message: <404278cd@news.povray.org>
Michael Robison wrote:

> Thank you, Marc.  I think I understand the parameters.  How do I run
> the batch file?  Do I execute it from an open POVRay program?  And
> does the batch file need to have a special name and be in a special
> location?  I apologize for being dense here.
>
> Thanks again, Michael

just create a file with .bat ending and open it in your favourite
tex-editor, e.g. notepad on windows. put in as many calls to
pvengine.exe as you need and save it preferably in the same directory
where your .pov-files are located. then just double-click on it and wait
until the render is finished. oh and you need to add a /exit to the
parameters or else povray will try to start one instanc for every .pov-file

bye,
	Marc