POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rendering meshes with unique color per face : Re: Rendering meshes with unique color per face Server Time
3 Aug 2024 12:16:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering meshes with unique color per face
From: Francois LE COAT
Date: 29 Feb 2004 05:18:26
Message: <4041bc72$1@news.povray.org>
Hi Marc,

Marc Ellenrieder wrote:
> Basically, the idea is to know in the final image, which face is visible in
> a particular pixel by using the color value as an index.
>
> Now I have the problem, that I am not able to tell PovRay to perform no
> shading. That results in a problem, as PovRay renders neighbouring faces
> with e.g. color 1 and 2 in the same color. Thus I am no longer able to
> differntiate between the faces in the image.

I'm not quite sure it will answer your question ...

You should modify the "finish" rendering of your object so that faces
will not be shaded. Just put an "ambient" light to 1.0, and a "diffuse"
light to 0.0 in the "finish" section of your object properties. This
will give to the faces of your object a plain color, without any
interference with the light sources ...

Please tell me if it works ...

Regards,

Author of Eureka 2.12 (2D Graph Describer, 3D Modeller)
http://eureka.lutece.net