POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : back side and interior texture : Re: back side and interior texture Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:20:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: back side and interior texture
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 26 Feb 2004 08:09:05
Message: <403deff1$1@news.povray.org>
In article <403### [at] univ-savoiefr> , Christophe Raffalli
<raf### [at] univ-savoiefr>  wrote:

> By the way, does povray requires normal of lenght 1. It is not clear
> again from the manual (so I assume it does not require anything)

It depends.  In cases were a non-unit length normal is useful, code should
not normalise it (and it should be noted in the docs where this happens).
However, everywhere else the code normalises the normals by default as
expected.

To answer your question, it does normalise mesh surface normals.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde