POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Some aid in physics required... : Re: Some aid in physics required... Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:17:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some aid in physics required...
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 25 Feb 2004 23:13:31
Message: <403d726b$1@news.povray.org>
This conservation of energy idea is cool.   Someone suggested it back when I
was trying to model the solar system back in 2002, but I think I got it now.

OLD SYSTEM:
    particle at   p with velocity v
    p=p+v/constant
    a=sum of forces based on new surroundings
    v=v+a/constant

    repeat for every frame of animation, giving extreme energy losses.

NEW PROPOSED SYSTEM:
    particle at p with velocity v and kinetic energy K
    p=p+v/constant
    calculate work done by moving along/against all forces in x,y, and z.
        this gives a delta to old kinetic energy K.

    okay now I'm lost