POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Some aid in physics required... : Re: Some aid in physics required... Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:19:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some aid in physics required...
From: Rune
Date: 25 Feb 2004 10:20:08
Message: <403cbd28@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann wrote:
> Now i am stuck, could you please read the question i
> quoted from you above again and tell me if i answered
> your question or not?  If not please specify what is
> missing.

If I may come with my thoughts here... I have a feeling that Tim is
creating his system in a way that resembles the way I did it.

My particle system doesn't have any such things as potential energy,
conversation of energy, or even masses. I didn't care about that. Yet I
managed to create a system where the end results looks like something
that at least resembles the real world, and where particles do in
certain ways move the way they would in the real world.

All the time while creating it my goal was not that the internal
data-representation resembled the real world, but rather that the end
result (the animations) looked (more or less) like the real world to a
certain extent. Tim Nikias probably know more about the physics of the
real world than I, but it seems he have the same attitude toward
creating a simulation as I had.

Of course it is a bit problematic in this situation to ask for help with
creating the system. Tim have to just "take it or leave it" with regards
to the proposed solutions he get, but the repliers also have to accept
that their proposed solutions might not be what Tim is looking for even
if they are physically correct...

Well, that's how I see it. I might be wrong. In any case I hope nobody
gets offended, because that's not my intention.

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com **updated Jan 29**