POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Some aid in physics required... : Re: Some aid in physics required... Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:23:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some aid in physics required...
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 25 Feb 2004 09:35:25
Message: <403cb2ad$1@news.povray.org>
> > Take, for example, the distance an object has dropped in free fall, the
> > formula is
> > h = g*t^2 / 2
> > There's nothing like air stopping the falling in this formula, it's
entirely
> > simplified, but still relevant. It just assumes that there's no
friction. I
> > was asking for the same: in a no friction-system, what's the rate of
> > slowdown for an object moving uphill?
>
> As always the key to solving a problem is to understand it.
SNIP

I don't get what you're trying to tell me, and I'm not sure that you got
what I've been trying to tell you. We have real world issues and simulation
issues that are independant of each other. Something that happens in a
simulation doesn't require the real world to behave that way and vice versa.

Now, my system can solve the problem of rolling uphill via tons of impacts
and it does look right. But how about just a formula to roll uphill,
independant of impacts? I was at a loss of the formula, not the issue
itself.

Regards,
Tim
--