POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : http://news.povray.org/ gone? : Re: http://news.povray.org/ gone? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 12:14:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: http://news.povray.org/ gone?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 24 Feb 2004 15:39:32
Message: <403bb684@news.povray.org>
In article <403bb57c$1@news.povray.org> , Tor Olav Kristensen
<tor_olav_kCURLYAhotmail.com>  wrote:

> I suspected that the image digest page would show the last 100
> images posted to the povray.binaries.images group. So I browsed
> down the list and saw that it went all back to 2002. That's a
> long time back for that group, so I thought maybe some images
> are missing. Then I found that only 2 images are shown for 2003.

Ah, well, I kind of gave the answer to this question in my first post in
this thread.  It simply so happens that the last 100 images added are shown.
As there haven't been 100 new images posted since the web view was created,
it shows images from some group that was decoded last.

> Now I see that there are MANY more images missing, even for
> 2004, so I guess that this is only a startup problem (?)

Maybe you are confusing what the image digest does?  It will show the 100
images last posted, not show all images ever posted.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde