POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : http://news.povray.org/ gone? : Re: http://news.povray.org/ gone? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 12:16:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: http://news.povray.org/ gone?
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 24 Feb 2004 15:35:08
Message: <403bb57c$1@news.povray.org>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
> In article <403b8a24$1@news.povray.org> , Tor Olav Kristensen
> <tor_olav_kCURLYAhotmail.com>  wrote:
>

>>- But why are only 2 images shown for 2003 ?
>

> I don't understand.

I suspected that the image digest page would show the last 100
images posted to the povray.binaries.images group. So I browsed
down the list and saw that it went all back to 2002. That's a
long time back for that group, so I thought maybe some images
are missing. Then I found that only 2 images are shown for 2003.

Now I see that there are MANY more images missing, even for
2004, so I guess that this is only a startup problem (?)

>>And is it no longer possible to reference a single
>>post within a thread ?
>

> There is, but you cannot currently get the link anywhere in the web
> interface.  As always, just "http://news.povray.org/<message-id>" will do.
> For example, your post can be reached via
>
> <http://news.povray.org/%3C403b8a24%241%40news.povray.org%3E>

Ok, I understand.

And I'm relieved to see that this kind of referencing still works:

http://news.povray.org/povray.general/nnnnn

Tor Olav