POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test.binaries : Light or Normal Problem : Re: Light or Normal Problem Server Time
5 May 2024 06:14:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Light or Normal Problem
From: berni
Date: 24 Feb 2004 05:44:42
Message: <403b2b1a$1@news.povray.org>
> > It would be the best for me if the POV team would provide a Linux 3.5
binary
> > that works from a shell script or Java (i.e. a console version without
X).
> > By now I had no luck getting such a version :( And I think I am not the
only
> > one who would need one.
>
> Let me see if i understand this right - you ask the POV-Team to compile
> you a 3.5 version because you are not able to compile one yourself?

Exactly. But this is a bug in 3.5 which is fixed in 3.6 (tty problem), so
everyone downloading the 3.5 binaries from pov-ray who wants to use it in a
script (CGI, webmin, Java, etc.) will experience this problem. So this would
be more efficient - if 3.6 final is not ready anytime soon. Unfortunately
compiling is not trivial for me (of course I can go and install linux
somewhere or spend $$$ for my own server and go through the troubles of
compiling sources - but my time and money resources are rather limited).

Doesn't this make sense to you?

Regards
Bernhard