POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Polygon Sweeps : Re: Polygon Sweeps Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:30:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Polygon Sweeps
From: Marc Roth
Date: 24 Feb 2004 05:41:57
Message: <403b2a75$1@news.povray.org>
bongotastic wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>     Is there a way to do simple polygon/spline sweep rather than sphere
> sweep? By this, I mean sweeping a 2D object along a 3D spline. I feel like
> it should be there but I did not see this in the docs.
>
>     Thanks
you could create two splines, one for the position and the other one for
rotation and simply create many instances of your mesh along the spline.
the problem is that you need an awful lot of objects to make it look
smooth. i did this a while ago to make something like a woven piece of
cloth and it had about 5k objects just for one strand of wool, so it's a
rather ineffective way...
bye,
	Marc

--
and god said: let there be a light_source { location SUN look_at EARTH,