POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test.binaries : Light or Normal Problem : Light or Normal Problem Server Time
5 May 2024 14:08:07 EDT (-0400)
  Light or Normal Problem
From: berni
Date: 24 Feb 2004 04:22:04
Message: <403b17bc@news.povray.org>
Hi!

I think this is a known bug by now (I think the normal bug should be known
by now).
Actually I was just looking for a version of pov-ray I can run under a linux
shell script or from Java under Linux, but I got this tty problem (even with
the -D option). I CANNOT COMPILE MYSELF so I was looking for a replacement.
3.6 works from a Linux shell script, but the renders look quite different.

It would be the best for me if the POV team would provide a Linux 3.5 binary
that works from a shell script or Java (i.e. a console version without X).
By now I had no luck getting such a version :( And I think I am not the only
one who would need one.

Regards & HTH
Bernhard

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'povray_light_or_normal_problem_3_6.png' (305 KB) Download 'test.pov.txt' (54 KB)

Preview of image 'povray_light_or_normal_problem_3_6.png'
povray_light_or_normal_problem_3_6.png