POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Some aid in physics required... : Re: Some aid in physics required... Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:19:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some aid in physics required...
From: Rune
Date: 24 Feb 2004 01:43:10
Message: <403af27e$1@news.povray.org>
Tim Nikias v2.0 wrote:
> Well, one call vs 3500 is a better quota...
> (I could even use 20, it's *still* better than 3500)

3500 is the number of "hops" for one particle in one frame? Or...?

So you want to reduce it to 1 or 20 when a particle slides along a
surface - which are the cases then where you actually DO want the 3500
samples being taken? I mean - why do your system take that small time
steps sometimes when it seems you're saying that you don't need that
precise calculations anyway?

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com **updated Jan 29**