POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : DVD won't play : Re: DVD won't play Server Time
26 Jun 2024 14:20:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DVD won't play
From: Michael Robison
Date: 23 Feb 2004 22:42:46
Message: <403ac836@news.povray.org>
"Mike Raiford wrote:
> IIRC, you will need some sort of DVD authoring software that will create
the
> contents of the VIDEO_TS folder on the DVD. I've had success with DVD
Movie
> Factory (ulead), This also has options to set up the menus. Also, make
sure
> the MPEG file is encoded as MPEG2.
>
> Here's an article on using only free tools to get the job done (but sounds
> like no menus:
> http://tinyurl.com/23zbq

****************
I asked at work today and they told me I was off by a mile.  Just what you
just said.  I need more than just the vanilla TMPGenc.  I need the authoring
tool.  I was just converting and trying to plop it on the DVD.  Guy at work
says there's a fixed directory structure on a video DVD, and that the movie
files are of the VOB format.

And to Bob:  I don't know why I ended up with a M2V file format instead of
an MPEG.

Anyway, I've got two authoring programs that I will try as soon as possible.

Thanks you to guys for knocking this around with me.  I really appreciate
it.

Michael